Henry Bolte to be called up to Athletics (source)
- 479 words
The A’s are calling up one of the hottest-hitting prospects in the Minors. Outfielder Henry Bolte, who made headlines last week when he recorded a hit in 12 straight plate appearances, is set to be promoted to the big leagues, a source told MLB Pipeline’s Jonathan Mayo on Monday. The club has not confirmed the news.
The A’s No. 5 prospect, per Pipeline, Bolte collected five extra-base hits Friday, then four more extra-base hits in another 5-for-5 effort the next day. The 22-year-old former second-round pick boasts a .348/.418/.658 slash line with Triple-A Las Vegas after 37 games, with 12 homers, seven doubles and 17 stolen bases.
Bolte has long been on the organization’s radar as a future star, earning plus marks for his makeup and work ethic, along with his package of on-the-field tools.
“I think we have a great player in the making,” A’s Minor League hitting coordinator Jim Eppard said on A’s Cast last summer.
Bolte starred during Cactus League play this spring, slashing .348/.400/.630 across 18 contests, including taking part in a home run bonanza on March 13. While he went just 2-for-13 out of the gate for Las Vegas, he pounded seven homers in April and then topped them all Wednesday night when he obliterated a 479-foot roundtripper, the farthest Statcast-recorded hit of 2026 at any level.
COMPLETE ATHLETICS PROSPECT COVERAGE
Last season, Bolte pushed himself onto the precipice of the Majors. He began at Double-A Midland, and after an impressive first 80 games in which he slashed .278/.378/.424 with 25 extra-base hits and 31 stolen bases, Bolte was promoted to Triple-A Las Vegas, where he hit .300 with an .838 OPS, 10 extra-base hits and 13 stolen bases in 34 games.
Bolte is regarded as a five-tool athlete, though the power tool was lacking a bit with just nine home runs in 114 games. Part of that may have stemmed from a nagging right wrist issue he sustained early in the season that limited his range of motion. Undergoing a cleanup procedure on that wrist last offseason, Bolte entered camp feeling back to his pre-2025 form.
“I was able to manipulate my swing enough to put the bat on the ball, but I was not getting the ideal ball flight and extension through the zone I wanted,” Bolte said at the time. “It was something that I could battle through and play, but I wasn’t taking the exact swings I wanted to. … I’m looking forward to a season with a healthy wrist.”
Jesse Borek and Martín Gallegos contributed reporting.
Share this:
- Share on X (Opens in new window) X
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
- Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
- Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
- Share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest
- Share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
- Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
Related
Author
Related Posts
Kyle Richards Shares Emotional Message From Mauricio Umansky
Reality TV personality Kyle Richards has revealed how an emotional message from her estranged husband, Mauricio Umansky, left her heartbroken on their...
Read out all
Discounted Day Re-Enters The September Schedule
Aug. 17 update: this post, first published on Saturday, Aug. 15, was updated with more details of why the keynote date predicted...
Read out all
Firefighters pushing to 'definitively encircle' Belgium wildfire – Euronews.com
Firefighters pushing to ‘definitively encircle’ Belgium wildfire Euronews.com Blazes rip through Europe The Express Tribune Two dead and hundreds evacuated as twin fires break...
Read out all
Dansby Swanson on injured list with oblique strain
CHICAGO — Dansby Swanson removed his helmet and immediately threw it to the dirt at his feet as he exited the batter’s...
Read out all
WTA Cincinnati Best Bets Including Kostyuk vs Kenin
The WTA Cincinnati tournament continues with the second round on Sunday. WTA Cincinnati is the 1,000-point tournament that flows into the U.S....
Read out all
60 days after signing Iran deal, Trump stuck in quagmire as peace talks stall – The Washington Post
60 days after signing Iran deal, Trump stuck in quagmire as peace talks stall The Washington Post Middle East latest: Trump threatens to...
Read out all